During the 2016-17 school year, the Rockford Public Schools will grew the implementation of a systemic instructional framework: Gradual Release of Responsibility.
To ensure the best quality instruction for all students regardless of age or subject. To cultivate a community of learners (staff and students) who collaborate with peers to synthesize, process, and apply new learning.
The district will provided certified staff with opportunities to grow instructional practices; escalating excellence for all stakeholders. This collective learning took place through a variety of support strategies, including targeted skill training, classroom learning labs, and continued research.
Where have we been? YEARS 1- 2 : (2014-16) Building a Base, Deepening, and Applying Knowledge
• EXPLAINED and DEFINE the components of Gradual Release of Responsibility.
• PROVIDED targeted professional learning opportunities for all staff members.
• CREATED common vocabulary and understanding DK-12.
• INCORPORATED planned components of the GRR in lessons.
• STRENGTHENED instructional practices through PD including classroom learning labs experiences.
• INTEGRATED GRR into school improvement processes, lesson planning, and evaluations.
• FOCUSED on relevance and purpose statements.