Please ensure all required documentation is attached to your online enrollment application PRIOR to submission.
An incomplete application will be returned, resulting in the need to submit a new application.
Required Enrollment Documentation
In order to enroll OR re-enroll your child(ren) into Rockford Public Schools, the district requires the following:
Proof of residency in Rockford with parent/guardian’s name and residential street address (no P.O. boxes):
You must physically reside within the Rockford Public Schools District boundaries to be considered a resident.
The following TWO items are required for proof of residency:
- Property Tax Statement (reflecting 100% Primary/Principal Residence Exemption or PRE% 100) OR Signed Lease Agreement
- Current Utility Bill (gas, electric or water) – reflecting the service address AND the resident’s name
NOTE: A driver’s license and/or a mortgage statement are NOT valid proof of residency!
If you do not reside within the Rockford Public Schools district, you must apply for Schools of Choice for enrollment consideration. You may complete the enrollment process below ONLY when your RPS Schools of Choice Application has been approved and you have received your acceptance letter from the district. Please use the acceptance letter as ONE piece of proof of residency and the 2nd required document would be related to your current address (property tax statement, property/warranty deed or lease agreement as stated above).
Copy of original birth certificate.
The Michigan Missing Children’s Act (MCL 380.1135) requires that you provide a copy of the child’s original Birth Certificate when you are enrolling in school. If you do not meet this requirement within 30 days, the school must notify local law enforcement.
Complete immunization record AND/OR a CURRENT YEAR State of Michigan Immunization Waiver AND/OR a CURRENT YEAR, physician-signed State of Michigan Medical Contraindication Form.
For consideration into Rockford Public Schools, please provide the district with a record or records showing that your child has received all of the required immunizations or an immunization waiver from the current year. PLEASE NOTE, YOU WILL NEED TO REQUEST OF THE KENT COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT TO PROVIDE YOU A COPY OF YOUR CHILD’S WAIVER. Required Immunizations for School Entry in Michigan
Transcript for grades 9-12.
- 9th grade – A transcript or 8th grade report card from your child’s previous school is required for placement and schedule assignment. An online enrollment application that is submitted without the transcript will be returned, resulting in the need to submit a new application. You can obtain your child’s transcript in their previous school’s family/student portal or by contacting their previous school’s counseling department. Please ensure all required documentation is attached to your online enrollment application prior to submission. If you have questions regarding your child’s transcript, please contact Kim Nichols at email@example.com
- 10th-12th grades – A transcript from your child’s previous school is required for placement and schedule assignment. An online enrollment application that is submitted without the transcript will be returned, resulting in the need to submit a new application. You can obtain your child’s transcript in their previous school’s family/student portal or by contacting their previous school’s counseling department. Please ensure all required documentation is attached to your online enrollment application prior to submission. If you have questions regarding your child’s transcript, please contact Stephani Lamancusa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special education and 504 programming.
If your child qualifies for a 504 or Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) please note this in the enrollment form and contact Rockford Special Services Department at 616.863.6326.
Foreign exchange students.
Please contact the Rockford High Schools Guidance Office at 616-863-6033 regarding enrollment.
Student Enrollment Directions
Scenario #1: Enrolling New Students to Rockford Public Schools (RPS)
- Definition: New families to the district.
- If your child is a current DK, Early Childhood Special Education or SIP student, an additional enrollment request is not required.
- Please enroll through the ENROLLMENT icon below
- Early Childhood and Region 1 student enrollments, please enroll through the ENROLLMENT icon below
Scenario #2: Current Rockford Public Schools (RPS) Family Enrolling Additional Child(ren)
- Definition: Families that have at least one child currently enrolled in RPS and are enrolling additional child(ren)
- Please log into FAMILY ACCESS and click on the New Student Enrollment tab located in the left column
Scenario #3: Returning Rockford Public Schools (RPS) Family
- Definition: Students who previously attended and are returning to RPS AND do not have currently enrolled siblings
- Please log into FAMILY ACCESS using the primary guardian’s login credentials. If you do not recall your login credentials, click “Forgot Password” to receive your login credentials and a reset link. You will be directed to the online enrollment application upon logging in.
Enrollment Questions: email@example.com or call 616.863.6320
DK/Kindergarten Enrollment Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org