Welcome to Rockford Public Schools! Whether you are a new or a former RPS family, we are excited about you becoming a Rockford RAM!  Rockford Public Schools has a longstanding track record of preparing students for their next steps in life. We are committed to academic programs that support the needs of the whole child.  Please review the following information: Here are some reasons we believe you will love Rockford Public Schools!

Please see the Enrollment Procedures below.  Your enrollment request will be reviewed within two business days at which time you will be contacted by a RPS staff member.  Thank you!



Required Enrollment Documentation

In order to enroll OR re-enroll your child(ren) into Rockford Public Schools, the district requires the following:

Proof of residency in Rockford with parent/guardian’s name and residential street address (no P.O. boxes):

You must physically reside within the Rockford Public School District boundaries to be considered a resident.

The following TWO items are required for proof of residency:

  1. Property Tax Statement OR Signed Lease Agreement
  2. Current Utility Bill – reflecting the service address AND the resident’s name
    NOTE: A driver’s license is NOT a valid proof of residency!

If you do not reside within the Rockford Public School district, you must apply for Schools of Choice for enrollment consideration. You may complete the enrollment process below ONLY when your RPS Schools of Choice Application has been approved and you have received your acceptance letter from the district.  Please use the acceptance letter as ONE piece of proof residency and the 2nd required document would be related to your current address (property tax statement, property/warranty deed or lease agreement as stated above).

Copy of Original birth certificate.

The Michigan Missing Children’s Act (MCL 380.1135) requires that you provide a copy of the child’s original Birth Certificate when you are enrolling in school. If you do not meet this requirement within 30 days, the school must notify local law enforcement.

Complete immunization records.

If your child is entering a Michigan school for the first time, please provide the school with a record showing that your child has received all of the required immunizations or a vaccination waiver from the current year. Required Childhood Immunizations for Michigan School Settings

The proof of immunizations must be submitted to the school your child will be attending on or before the first day your child attends school.

Special Education and 504 Programming.

If your child qualifies for a 504 or Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) please note this in the enrollment form and contact Rockford Special Services Department at 616.863.6326.

Copy of Transcript.   (grades 9-12 only)

Foreign Exchange Students.

Please contact the Rockford High School Guidance Office at 616-863-6033 regarding enrollment.

Student Enrollment Directions

Scenario #1:  Current Rockford Public School Family Enrolling Additional Child(ren)

  • Definition:  Families that have at least one child currently enrolled in Rockford Public Schools and are enrolling additional children in DK – 12th grades.
  • If you currently have a student enrolled in Rockford Public Schools and choose to enroll additional student(s) in DK – 12th grades, please log into FAMILY ACCESS and complete the RPS New Student Enrollment questionnaire located on your home page.


Scenario #2:  New Students OR Returning Students in 1st – 12th Grades

  • Definition:  New students to the district in 1st – 12th grades OR students in 1st – 12th grades that are returning to the district that do not have siblings currently enrolled in Rockford Public Schools
  • Please enroll through the the Enrollment 2021-2022 icon below
  • Early Childhood and Region 1 student enrollments, please click on the Enrollment 2021-2022 icon below


Rockford Virtual Programming:  

Please contact your neighborhood school building or send an email to rvenrollment@rockfordschools.org.


Enrollment Questions:  rpsenrollment@rockfordschools.org or call (616) 863-6320


Before and After Care (BAC)

Food Service (go to “Pay on Account” to create account)

Please visit the Nursing Services Webpage for other health-related forms and protocols

Volunteer at RPS