Dear Rockford Families,
We are diligently working on transportation routes for the upcoming school year and look forward to providing a safe and healthy environment for your students. Below are some updates for you.
We will continue to do the following.
- Buses will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after evening routes.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available for students entering and exiting the bus.
- As a best practice, students will not be allowed to eat or chew gum on the bus, unless there is a medical reason to do so.
Registration will allow one route with the pick–up and drop-off points remaining the same. We understand this may create challenges for some families, however, this is necessary due to driver shortage. We appreciate your support and understanding for this new procedure. If you have not signed your student up for transportation, then you will need to call the office and check on availability. Our phone number is 616.863.6328.
- Registrations received after route design (August 5) will be reviewed for availability of bus space. If there is no room on the route, there may be a delay of up to two weeks after school starts to place students on a route.
- Attendance will be taken on the routes. If a student has not ridden the bus for two weeks, we will contact you to discuss your student’s situation and make changes as necessary. This will allow us to provide transportation for students who may be waiting for a seat.
- You will be able to access your student’s route information in Family Access starting August 15.
We look forward to seeing your children this fall, and we will continue to keep safety first as we encourage and support one another. Please feel free to reach out to the Transportation Department with any questions or concerns. Thank you.
Matthew E Puett
Rockford Public Schools