1. Can I view my child’s account?
You have access to view your child’s Food Service account via Family Portal. This is available 24/7 throughout the school year. Through this portal you have access to view your child’s daily purchases, deposits, apply parental restrictions as well as send a payment without a fee.
2. How can I make a payment on my child’s account?
Payment may also be brought directly to our office, located in the High School, 4100 Kroes Street. Additionally, you can send money with your child to their respective school or through the mail. All checks should be made payable to Rockford Food Service. When sending payment through the mail, please mail to the attention of Kristin Novak at Rockford High School, 4100 Kroes Street NE, Rockford, MI 49341.
A Qualified School Lunch contains 5 components: protein, fruit, vegetable, grain and milk. Students need to take at least 3 of the 5 components offered of which one must be either a vegetable and/or fruit. All grains have to be Whole Grains.
- Weekly Average Requirements are based on calories, sodium, and saturated fat.
- About 70% of all products bought for our school lunch program are from local suppliers.
- Rockford Public Schools uses the Farm to School Program with distributors that ensure the safety of the products we serve.
- Child Nutrition Labeling – This is a label from the manufactures to ensure their product meets the Child Nutritional Requirements. All public schools must follow this requirement.
- Special Dietary Need – If a student has a documented disability that restricts their diet, according the USDA the Food Service Department must make the substitution listed on the medical statement form.
- Wellness Policy – https://www.boarddocs.com/mi/rocf/Board.nsf/Public?open&id=policies#.