Apply online on the college’s website (or the Common Application if applicable) to 3-5 schools, preferably.
Send your transcript to colleges by creating a free account with www.parchment.com. Directions for creating an account with Parchment are on the reverse side.
Many college planning resources can be found in the Junior Handbook, given to you last year. This is also on our website: www.rockfordschools.org > High School >Counseling/Guidance > Information for Juniors > Junior Handbook. It can be accessed in the Schoology group Class of 2023 under the Resources tab as well.
The most important form to complete is the FAFSA. This is to be done between October 1 and March 1. It’s helpful to have the previous year’s tax return when completing it.
- Obtain a FAFSA ID: fafsa.ed.gov and click on FSA Apply for Aid tab at the top of the page. Choose Filling out the FAFSA. Follow the instructions to create your FSA ID now.
- Complete the FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Attend the Financial Aid Night here in the RHS auditorium on 10/05/22 at 7:00 pm to learn more about the FAFSA.
- General scholarship list: sent every few weeks to seniors through Schoology. Check your account for the most updated list. This contains regional, national, and college specific awards as well as numerous scholarship databases.
- Common Scholarship Application: This application includes approximately 20 RHS specific awards. It will be available on our website in January.
Students planning to participate in athletics at the college level must register and have their transcript and test scores sent to NCAA and/or NAIA Eligibility Centers via www.parchment.com.
Seniors have until May 1 to make a decision about which colleges they will attend. Pay attention to important details regarding housing applications, fees, etc. in order to secure your registration.
Senior Survey and Final Transcript: Complete your Senior Survey in the spring; this includes your final college decision and any scholarship awards received. Request your final transcript for the college you will attend (and NCAA/NAIA if applicable) through Parchment.
A-C Rachel Kreuze
D-Hi Sarah Young
Ho-Mi Jon Taylor
Mo-Sh Kasey Sauder
Si-Z Kara Dixon